Apply for the Need Based Aid
As of 2021 August LCC offers three types of NEED BASED AID:
- LCC Need Based Aid
- Global Grant
- Middle East Scholar Aid
Fill out the the online application for the specific Need Based Aid type. Don’t forget to sign the application: both you and your parents or spouse need to sign it.
Submit the required documents:
- Income declaration form (for Lithuanians only)
- Yearly salary letter (according to the situation: both parents and/or yours and spouse)
- Other documents if needed (for more information please refer to the specific Need Based Aid application provided below)
After filling out the application and collecting all the needed documents, send the package to the Student Financial Services Office by the required deadline.
Need Based Aid application is submitted every year. If you are a returning or current student (PRIME-Junior) you must complete the application by November 15, 2021. Late applications cannot be accepted.
NEED BASED AID RANGES
In order to be considered for LCC Need Based Aid or Global Grant, students have to submit a specific Need Based Aid application and required documents in the following years of their studies:
- Prospective students apply prior their admission to LCC for their Freshmen year.
- In their Freshmen Year, students apply for their Sophomore year.
- In their Sophomore year, students apply for their Junior and Senior Years of studies.
NOTE: Eligible students who are in their Junior year will be able to apply for Need based aid (2022-2023 academic year) for their Senior year as well.
Aid may increase or decrease in individual cases depending on changes in a family’s financial circumstances. The most common reasons for award revisions are family financial problems such as loss of income or emergency expenses, and a shortfall in student summer savings. LCC Need Based Aid and Global Grant ranges from 10% up to 90% of tuition. The maximum amount of financial aid a student can receive has predefined limits based on university year:
- Freshmen – maximum financial aid a student can receive is 90% of tuition;
- Sophomore – maximum financial aid a student can receive is 80% of tuition;
- Junior and Senior – maximum financial aid a student can receive is 60% of tuition.
SFS selects Need Based Aid recipients according to the following criteria:
- Your financial need
- Your academic results
NEED BASED AID TYPES
LCC Need Based Aid
In order to be considered for LCC Need Based Aid please fill out the application online. Only students from certain countries are eligible to apply for the LCC Need Based Aid. Please see the detailed list of eligible and not eligible countries below.
Eligible to apply:
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina , Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Mongolia (Eastern Asia), China.
Not eligible to apply:
North America: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago and United States of America.
Norther Europe: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Western Europe: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Switzerland.
Southern Europe: Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Malta, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Turkey, Vatican City.
Eastern Asia: Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, North Korea.
Western Asia: Israel, United Arab Emirates, Palestine, Saudi Arabia.
Middle East: Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar.
South-Eastern Asia: Singapore, Brunei.
Oceania: Australia, Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Zealand, Palau, san, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
NOTE: Country’s eligibility is determined based on GDP per Capita and LCC priority markets.
In order to continue the growth of diversity within the student body, LCC offers Global Grant for needy students who do not have sufficient funds and otherwise are not eligible to apply for the LCC Need Based Aid.
The application process is the same as for LCC Need Based Aid. To be considered for Global Grant please fill out the GLOBAL GRANT form online.
Eligible to apply:
Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic (CAR), Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Central America: Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama.
Indian Subcontinent: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
South-Eastern Asia: Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam, Philippines.
NOTE: Country’s eligibility is determined based on GDP per Capita and LCC priority markets.
Middle East Scholars (MES) Aid
Middle East Scholars Aid is a need based aid that aims to assist war-affected students from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Myanmar (Burma), Yemen (and possibly other war affected areas, such as South-Eastern Asia: Cambodia, Laos). Middle East Scholars Aid amount ranges from 10% to 100% tuition and housing discount. The maximum aid could include 100% coverage for tuition, 100% coverage for housing, visa and insurance cost coverage, a monthly stipend of 20 EUR per week, and in some extreme cases flight to Lithuania as well as pick up from the airport. LCC will work with each MES program student to determine their financial need and seek to secure appropriate funding.
Middle East Scholars Aid (MES NB Aid) application process
Firstly, students submit an online application to study at LCC, provide all necessary documentation as well as the English language test score and have an interview with the Admissions committee. Please follow the link to the application.
Then, students fill out the MES NB Aid online application form and provide documents proving financial need in the family. Please follow the link to fill out the MES NB Aid form.
The aid is given for one academic year. In order to receive the aid in the future, students must re-apply for the MES NB Aid and provide updated documents each year. Late MES NB Aid application forms will not be accepted.
MES NB Aid application deadline:
- November 15, 2021 (PRIME – Junior).
- April 15, 2022 (New students – early application)
- May 20, 2022 (New students – late application)
FINANCIAL AID POLICIES
- Financial Aid at LCC International University is intended to assist Bachelor students only (exception is made for Middle East Scholars Aid program and Basketball players).
- Financial Aid is applied to a student’s account over two semesters, fall and spring.
- Financial Aid is applied for 60 ECTS credits per academic year. If you take more than 60 ECTS credits per academic year the award will not be increased.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 24 ECTS credit hours per semester to receive an award. If a student enrolls in less than 24 ECTS credit hours in either semester, they will not receive their financial aid for that semester (exception is made only for seniors);
- Financial Aid might be offered to seniors during their final semester. The amount of ECTS credits must be approved by Academic VP. Only then a student can receive Financial Aid for less than 24 ECTS credits for the final semester.
- Financial aid cannot be applied to summer session courses. If financial aid for summer session becomes available, students will be notified by email (exception is made only for LCC Need Based Aid).
- Students will receive only one kind of financial aid. If a student qualifies for more than one, he/she will receive the one with the highest monetary value, and the other grant(s) will go to the next student who qualifies or to the Emergency Aid budget (exceptions are made for Sibling Grant and Resident Assistantship Grant).
- If the student has received any financial aid and has been placed on probation after the Spring or Fall semesters, he/she does not receive the financial aid part that has been allocated for the following semester.
- If a student receives financial aid and then decides to take an academic leave, he/she loses the award. The student is then informed of the dates for Need Based Aid application for the next academic year.
- Students can get financial aid only for four years at LCC or up to 8 semesters (calculation would be done by semesters if a student takes an academic leave). The academic leave period is calculated towards the 8 semesters rule. If students study longer or take a second major, they must find their own financing opportunities. PRIME program is not calculated towards the 8 semester’s rule (exceptions are made for Basketball Scholarship and Middle East Scholars Aid).
- The maximum financial aid amount that a student can receive is 90% tuition discount (all financial aid amounts summed up). This does not apply to the Kenneth & Helen Penner, President Leadership Scholarships and Ukraine/Caucasus/International Scholar Awards, and Middle East Scholars Aid.
- Financial aid is not applied for the retaking a failed course “F”. Receiving an “F” for a course might affect a student’s satisfactory academic progress and eligibility to receive financial aid in the future.
- Financial Aid is applied only for credit bearing courses. Financial Aid is not applied for courses with zero credits like First Year Seminar.
- Financial Aid is available for students under 25 years of age. If a student turns 25 years of age during a specific semester, financial aid is not applied for that semester (exception is made for Middle East Scholars Aid, students of all ages are eligible to apply).
- Financial Aid is available for students who are seeking the first Bachelor degree only. If a student during the Bachelor studies at LCC simultaneously receives another Bachelor’s degree from another university, financial aid will be removed for the following semesters.
- All Financial Aid at LCC International University is based on availability of funds. Therefore, students and their families must take primary responsibility for meeting the costs of education at LCC International University.
- IMPORTANT: students receiving financial aid that withdraw or stop attending classes will be required to return financial aid received.