The Erasmus+ Programme is a European funding programme established offering university students a possibility of studying abroad in another European country for a period of at least 3 months and maximum 12 months per cycle of studies. Erasmus+ now offers the possibility to go way beyond the European borders as well. Your period of study abroad must be relevant for your degree-related learning and be part of the study programme that you are following. Graduate on time as studying abroad will count towards your degree!
Elibility & Criteria
- Previous academic records (CUM GPA of 7.50 and above)
- Must be 2nd or 3rd year full time student during the exchange semester
- Motivation to study in a foreign country
- Co-Curricular involvement
- Student’s goals fit the host institution study program
- No financial debts to LCC
Erasmus+ Application process
Application deadline for the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semester is January 18, 2021.
- You will be entitled paying tuition at LCC for 30 ECTS credits, but as an Erasmus+ student, you will be exempted from fees for tuition, registration, examinations at the receiving institution. Small fees for orientation or student union membership may still apply.
- Housing and living expenses in the receiving country
- Visa & insurance
Erasmus+ grants for the academic year 2020–2021
You may receive an Erasmus+ grant as a contribution to your travel and subsistence costs. Monthly Erasmus+ grant amounts per country groups:
- Ireland, Denmark, Iceland, Great Britain, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Finland, Sweden – €520/month
- Austria, Belgium, Greece, Italy, Spain, Malta, Cyprus, Netherlands, France, Portugal, Germany – €500/month
- Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Poland, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Hungary – €450/month
- Disadvantaged students (special needs not applicable) can additionally receive €200/month.
Students can also participate in the Erasmus+ program as “zero grant” participants, which means that they are not provided with funding, but are given the status of an Erasmus+ student (as well as all related privileges and responsibilities).
Erasmus+ aims to be inclusive and accessible and provides additional funding to support those with disabilities and special educational needs. Students may apply for additional funding after they have been selected for a mobility period.
ERASMUS+ GRANT SLOTS FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2021-2022
- EU COUNTRIES 12
- GEORGIA 4
- US 2
- SOUTH KOREA 1
NOTE: Students can also participate in the Erasmus+ program without a grant.
Need to be full-time students at a hosting institution taking 30 ECTS credits per semester. All earned pre-approved credits are recognized as part of studies at LCC International University.
BEFORE THE SEMESTER STARTS STUDENTS MUST
- Submit application form and any additional documents to the receiving institution before their due date.The student is responsible for meeting the requirements and deadlines.
- Submit online eligibility form to confirm pre-selected classes (classes are reviewed by Department Chair and Registrar)
- Submit letter of acceptance issued by receiving institution to email@example.com . Letter must state exact semester start and end dates.
- Complete and sign online Erasmus+ learning agreement.
- Complete online language assessment test.
During the semester
If you decide to make any class changes, please immediately complete the following online form in order to get academic approval.
WITHDRAWING FROM THE CLASS
After the first day of classes at a host institution students must officially withdraw from the course that they do not wish to continue in. The schedule below shows the financial consequences of withdrawing. The tuition refund is based upon the day the withdrawal process is complete, not the day the student ceases to attend the course. Students who drop classes at a host institution from the beginning of the semester will be refunded as per the following schedule:
- Semester days 1-7: 100% refund, no academic penalty
- Semester days 8-21: 50% refund, no academic penalty
- Semester days 22-35: 25% refund, no academic penalty
- Semester day 36 and later: 0% refund (withdrawn-fail)
Once class changes are approved by LCC, please complete and sign “During the Mobility” part of Erasmus+ learning agreement and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
After the semester
When you finish your studies abroad and come back to LCC, please provide the Center for International Education with the following:
- The original Certificate of Enrollment, signed by the Erasmus+ coordinator of the host receiving institution stating start and end dates of the semester. Additionally email scanned copy to email@example.com
- Submit final EU Survey (a survey link will be sent to your email address just after the end of your studies period)
- Complete online language assessment test
- Submit original Transcript of Records;
Note: All classes taken at a host institution will be recognized on a PASS/FAIL basis by LCC International University.